Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sewing Legacy


This past weekend, I inherited a most wonderful gift: my husband's grandmother's old sewing notions. So many vintage zippers, wooden spools, thread, enough elastic to last many years, and so much more! This is just a glimpse of all that I came home from my in-laws' house with. I'm so very thankful for my MIL's thoughtfulness to give me these lovelies. It's been sweet to dream of the things I can now make with the plethora of supplies, and at the same time try to imagine the things that Nate's grandmother was planning to create.  I find it wonderful that these things don't have to sit in a box in a garage anymore, but can be used to make beautiful and useful things.  I met Nate's sweet grandmother only once, just a few months before she passed away, but this is something that makes me feel just a bit connected to her. 

p.s.  the blog is making a return...for good!  Looking forward to sharing little tidbits of my life.   
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please be polite.