Monday, April 23, 2012

Thankful on a Monday

Happy Monday!
This past weekend was one of my favorites in a really long time.  This is the first weekend in as long as I can remember where we didn't really have anything planned.  Oh, how wonderful!  Here are some things I'm thankful for on this Monday:

  • Rest.  I took a nap on both Saturday and Sunday.  I can't remember the last time I took an afternoon nap.  It was seriously a treat.
  • Renewed Inspiration.  While I spent some time sewing some custom order this weekend, I had re-runs of the old TLC show "Take Home Chef" playing.  There was something about people being taught to create yummy meals from scratch that really had my creative mind buzzing.  It's funny to me how watching a cooking show made me dream of pretty fabric pairings.  
  • Cheeseburger in Paradise with Nate's parents.  YUMMMMMMM.
  • Clean Laundry.  We share a washer and dryer with the three other apartments in our building, so I try to wait to do laundry until I can be home for a large amount of time.  Silly people taking our wet clothes out of the washer.  I was SO thankful to have the weekend at home to wash every single bit of laundry in our apartment.  It's the little things, y'all.  
  • Time with Nate Dubs.  Love this guy, seriously.  We watched silly movies, played games, and just enjoyed each other's company.  
  • Sunday Morning in the OC.  Our church is partnering with a small church about 40 min away.  Nate preached there on Sunday, and it was such a sweet time.  The people there are SO kind and hospitable.  They actually really remind me of a bunch of sweet Tennessee folk to be honest.  Love them.  
  • Nate preaching.  Love it.
  • Haircut.  Like at least six inches.  I can get ready for work in like 30 min now and it's awesome!  Also, Nate doesn't have to hear be fuss about my knotted mane. 
What a sweet, wonderful gift of a weekend.  Now, I've GOT to start remembering to take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please be polite.